Monday, August 06, 2007

DD IN PRAGUE X JT

these shots [made by jacqueline trachsel] are of me in prague. the top one is of me with one of my old stand-by toy plastic cameras - a vivitar panorama 35mm- which i use all the time. fool proof. no battery/no focus. the panorama pix come out really cool. but the overall quality is usally great when i use Ilford xp-2 [the best]- or even kodak BW400 CN

the shot below was made in the "old town square" of prague, where we were having coffee at an outdoor cafe [grand cafe praha]. i was up and making fotos between sips and puffs off my fag. jackie shot me with her pentax digital. hi tech shooting no tech!

below: me in action with the Polaroid 210 Land camera- holding the 'foto' in my mouth until i could count 30 seconds, then peel it apart. people sometimes came up to talk to me about the camera, which made me lose count and which made me crazy! i also have the casio digital around my neck; a vivitar plastic camera in each shirt pocket; an agfa isola [medium format film camera] in my shorts pocket, film in the other one; and 3 heavy slr cameras in the black bag... no wonder i look so BIG... and... no wonder i've been having shoulder pain ever since i got back. i wagged all those cameras everywhere, every day.

i wrote a whole rant in my travel-ology blog about how i lost [temporarily] ALL 539 of my digital fotos, when the 1GB memory card crapped out the last night in prague. i'm really glad i made almost every shot i took with about 5 different cameras. now, i have a gallon sized plastic bag full of film to have processed [color, slide and BW c-41] and many standard BW rolls to process myself.

[c]2007 doug duffey